AND TRACE ELEMENTS
DID YOU KNOW THAT SEAWATER IS MUCH MORE THAN WATER WITH SALT?
In comparison with table salt, namely, pure sodium chloride, Mediterranea’s Seawater contains 86% of sodium chloride and the remaining 14% is made up of the full range of naturally occurring minerals and trace elements that are essential to life.
Seawater contains a whole host of minerals (calcium, potassium, magnesium, etc.), which means it is able to add subtle differences and flavours to food that cannot be achieved using table salt. Using table salt, food is salted but its original flavour is partly masked. However, if food and drink are cooked or prepared using Seawater, their original flavour is enhanced to bring out their true splendour, without being under seasoned or over salted. It is, quite simply, in a league of its own…
Substitute a mixture of seawater following the standard recommendations for the usual amount of tap water used.
Place the frozen fish or shellfish in a recipient and cover it with Mediterranea’s pure Seawater. Leave it to stand outside the fridge until it has defrosted.
You can prepare excellent isotonic sports drinks with the full range of minerals required for better and faster recovery after physical exercise.
For a flavoursome recipe and a springy texture, add 600–700 ml of Seawater for every kilo of flour.
Our Seawater was awarded a Two Golden Star rating for the exceptional flavour and high quality it brings out in your food. It was awarded by the most qualified jury in the world, comprising 120 chefs and sommeliers from the most prestigious culinary associations in Europe.